Because my availability and preferences for projects change regularly, I have added this page to my website, specifically for recruiters, where I can answer most questions.
Availability and travel time
Currently I am open to new freelance/contract work
After years of enjoying work as a full-stack developer, I have the ambition to mainly on projects where I will be involved with software architecture, infrastructure and systems integration, besides just the software development itself.
My availability per week is currently:
- A total of 24 hours a week
- Maximum 1 day (or 2 half days) on-site
- In addition a maximum of 2 days remote
Currently I have an hourly rate of €95. This hourly rate includes travel and accommodation costs, and excludes sales tax.
I live in Delfgauw (Netherlands) and am open to either all-remote projects, or projects with a maximum travel time of 20 minutes by car.
My preference is for a project with an initial duration of 3-6 months, with extension in consultation.
In order to deliver the highest possible value by delivering a high quality solution, it is important to me that my working method can be implemented in projects.
My preference is for projects where I work closely with the CTO/CIO of a company, lead developers and/or software architects, or where I fulfill one of these roles.
Currently I am available for a project with one or more of the following techniques, or a project where these techniques can be implemented:
- Golang or Typescript for the back-end.
- ReactJS (+Redux) for the front-end
- React Native (+Expo) for mobile
- DevOps/Cloud automation with Linux environments
- Site Reliability Engineering
Unfortunately it is not possible for me to work with environments that require the Windows operating system.
To read more about my skills, go to the expertise page. Here, my working method is also explained in more detail.
Work and sector
I like variety very much, so I don’t have a strong preference to work in a certain sector, or in a specific role that I would take on, but of course I have things that mainly interest me.
My interests are mainly:
- Software architecture and determining the direction in the technical field within companies
- The inventing and developing of internal tools to improve and accelerate (development) processes.
- Consultancy in the IT field, and creating and translating requirements into the best technical interpretation
- Guiding teams within a company and technical project management by fulfilling the role of technical lead
- IT automation within a company and systems integration (creating links between different applications)
- Contributions to open-source/free software projects of companies
- Businesses modernise in IT (e.g. from on-premise applications to microservices in public cloud)
- Startups where software is the main focus, where important decisions have to be made about software architecture
I am open to both greenfield and brownfield projects, with a slight preference for greenfield.
Team and mindset
Just as important as the work, I find the team and the mindset.
Because I’m very passionate about what I do, I think it’s important that the people I work with are too, because I believe that’s the way to achieve the very best results.
Within a team, I find it important that there is a culture that motivates people to write clean code and where quality of the software is paramount, so a mindset that fits my way of working.
Whether the team is English-speaking or Dutch-speaking does not matter to me, because I master the English language on a near-native level.
Questions or contact
Linking? Feel free to add me.